This 4-ingredient chest rub provides all the support of a vapor rub without the chemicals, petroleum, and parabens. Popular store-bought vapor rubs contain far more ingredients than seem necessary, including turpentine, turpentine??! No thanks. This simple to make homemade version includes all the proven active ingredients, without the toxic additives.
And this is seriously the easiest recipe – it will take you less than 5 minutes to make this rub.
Eucalyptus Radiata – supports respiratory functions
Lemon – supports immune functions
Peppermint – encourages proper nasal function
Natural Homemade Vapor Rub
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 10 drops Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil*
- 6 drops Lemon essential oil*
- 6 drops Peppermint essential oil*
*I only use therapeutic grade essential oils, learn how to get your essential oils HERE
- Melt coconut oil in a double boiler
- Remove from heat and add essential oils
- Pour into a glass jar and let cool until firm
- Apply to chest, throat or under nose to help alleviate congestion
I consider this a relatively mild vapor rub because I wanted it mild enough to be comfortable using small amounts on my toddler. You could up the vaporizing action of this rub by increasing the drops of Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil.
Learn more about getting started with therapeutic grade essential oils HERE!