Make those pumpkins last longer! 🎃🎃🎃
First, spray the outside with Thieves Household Cleaner – or even soak in your kitchen sink with a capful of Thieves Household Cleaner. This will clean the skin naturally (without nasty chemicals) and keep it from rotting early.
Second, once you carve your pumpkin, it’s time to get serious. Now you need to spray the inside with a mixture of castile soap and Peppermint essential oil. Mix up one capful of liquid unscented castile soap with about 6 drops of Peppermint essential oil in an 8oz spray bottle, then fill with water. Thoroughly coat the inside of the pumpkin with this spray.
This method will help you keep all the rot, mold, and bugs away!
How to get Thieves Household Cleaner & Peppermint essential oil –> HERE
DIY Gift Alternative: Split A Kit
I love making DIY gifts with essential oils for the holidays! Handmade gifts at the holidays are a great way to save money and give thoughtful gifts. That being said, November and December can be busy and stressful and it’s easy for time to get away from us. A great way to save time AND money on holiday gifts is to ‘Split A Kit’!
How To Split A Kit
Buy a Premium Starter Kit (which saves you 50% of off the retail price) and give ONE essential oil to each member of your family or your friends. You can even add a little something to make it extra personal or a few DIY ingredients with recipes to make some of their own bath and body goodies.
- Lavender– give it to your favorite person in need of good sleep and relaxation. Add a sleep mask and a ½ pint mason jar filled with Epsom salts with a note to add 8 drops of their Lavender essential oil to their Epsom salts for relaxation bath salts.
- Peppermint– add a package of gourmet hot cocoa with a note to add a drop of peppermint for the perfect steaming cup of minty hot chocolate.
- Lemon – include a glass water bottle for enjoying essential oil infused water
- Frankincense – perfect for the meditation or yoga enthusiast in your life, include a yoga block or yoga socks.
- Thieves – give to your favorite teacher, perfect for keeping immune system boosted!
- Purification – perfect for the dog lover in your life, include a holiday themed dog collar.
- DiGize – know a foodie? Maybe they over indulge on occasion – give them the gift of good digestion with DiGize. Include some empty veggie capsules for easy consumption.
- Copaiba – gift to your favorite tea drinker. A drop of Copaiba in your tea makes every cup the perfect wellness drink.
- R C – a drop of RC on the throat and chest makes for a comforting end to the day, throw in a pair of fuzzy socks for the ultimate end of day coziness.
- Panaway – for the athlete, the cubicle dweller, or anyone with joints and muscles. Include a mini bottle of your favorite carrier oil, like Almond oil, and a note to combine a few drops of Panaway with a few drops of carrier oil and massage into neck and shoulders.
- StressAway – pop the aromaglide roller fitment from the kit on this bottle and give it to your most stressed out friend, with a note to roll it over wrists and neck.
That’s 11 gifts for only $160, only $14.50 per gift! You can add the extra items, or not, or add different items specific to the recipients – use your imagination!
But wait, what are you going to do with the diffuser? Gift it to someone who needs it, or keep it for yourself, no need to play favorites 😉
I hope that you can see this is a great way to give unique, useful and thoughtful gifts that are truly natural and support your friend and family’s wellness!
You can grab a Premium Starter Kit to split right here: Young Living Premium Starter Kit
Father’s Day is right around the corner. Need some inspiration for great homemade Father’s Day gifts? I’ve got a handful of DIY gift ideas that I’m sure any Dad will enjoy!
1. Homemade Aftershave Balm – no chemicals, just soothing and natural!
My husband loves this aftershave balm for his face and scalp, it leaves them both super soft. And I love the way it smells too! This is a simple recipe that you can whip up in no time: DIY Aftershave Balm
2. Frankincense Natural Homemade Shaving Soap – for the vintage Dad in your life
This homemade shaving soap recipe from Grass Fed Girl has that old timey barbershop feel. You’ll want to get a natural shaving brush and classic stainless steel razor to complete the gift.
3. Homemade cologne – non-toxic and smells amazing!
In a 10ml roll-on bottle add 10 drops Idaho Blue Spruce and 5 drops Cedarwood essential oils. Top off with your favorite carrier oil, I like sweet almond oil.
4. Muscle Soothing Roll-on – for the athletic Dad in your life
In a 10ml roll-on bottle add 15 drops PanAway essential oil and top with your favorite carrier oil. This is the perfect solution for a hard-working Dad with achy muscles and joints.
5. Man Moisturizer – Dads get cracked heels too
This DIY Lotion is thick and perfect for soothing work-worn man hands and dry, cracked feet. Add a few drops of Cedarwood essential oil for a woodsy scent.
Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail, and get a free sign-up gift.