Father’s Day is right around the corner. Need some inspiration for great homemade Father’s Day gifts? I’ve got a handful of DIY gift ideas that I’m sure any Dad will enjoy!
1. Homemade Aftershave Balm – no chemicals, just soothing and natural!
My husband loves this aftershave balm for his face and scalp, it leaves them both super soft. And I love the way it smells too! This is a simple recipe that you can whip up in no time: DIY Aftershave Balm
2. Frankincense Natural Homemade Shaving Soap – for the vintage Dad in your life
This homemade shaving soap recipe from Grass Fed Girl has that old timey barbershop feel. You’ll want to get a natural shaving brush and classic stainless steel razor to complete the gift.
3. Homemade cologne – non-toxic and smells amazing!
In a 10ml roll-on bottle add 10 drops Idaho Blue Spruce and 5 drops Cedarwood essential oils. Top off with your favorite carrier oil, I like sweet almond oil.
4. Muscle Soothing Roll-on – for the athletic Dad in your life
In a 10ml roll-on bottle add 15 drops PanAway essential oil and top with your favorite carrier oil. This is the perfect solution for a hard-working Dad with achy muscles and joints.
5. Man Moisturizer – Dads get cracked heels too
This DIY Lotion is thick and perfect for soothing work-worn man hands and dry, cracked feet. Add a few drops of Cedarwood essential oil for a woodsy scent.
Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail, and get a free sign-up gift.
Soothe your freshly shaven skin with this cooling all natural aftershave balm. This aftershave balm has a hint of a woodsy scent, so it is perfect for the guy in your life. That being said, there is something about that outdoorsy scent that I find really appealing, so I have been known to borrow the jar of aftershave I made for my husband and use it myself!
My husband uses this on both his face and scalp to soothe and moisturize post-shave.
All Natural DIY Aftershave Balm
- 20 drops Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil*
- 10 drops Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil*
- 2 drops Peppermint essential oil*
- 15 drops Valor essential oil blend*
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
*I buy therapeutic grade essential oils HERE
- Melt coconut oil in a double boiler
- Remove from heat and add essential oils
- Pour into a glass jar
- Apply to freshly shaven skin to soothe and cool
That’s it! Super simple, all natural, no hard to pronounce ingredients – Enjoy!
Learn more about getting started with essential oils HERE