You don’t have to give up dessert just because you are committed to eating real foods. Sometimes you just want a little treat, and that’s ok (really, it is). I think I’ve found my ultimate guilt-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free dessert.
Bonus, this dessert is not only delicious — it’s actually good for you.
Blueberries – contain antioxidants, which work to neutralize free radicals linked to the development of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and other age-related conditions. These little powerhouses provide tasty ways of staying healthy. Anthocyanins, a type of flavonoid, not only give blueberries their blue color and help improve heart health, but they may also help attack cancer-causing free radicals and possibly even block tumor cells from forming, according to a study from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which focused on the effects of blueberries on prostate cancer.
Lemon Essential Oil – contains d-limonene, an antioxidant that has been linked to healthy immune system function.
Lemon Blueberry Coconut Bark
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Cream Concentrate
- Frozen Blueberries
- 12 drops Lemon Essential Oil*
* I only use therapeutic grade essential oils from Young Living, you can get them here
- Warm coconut cream just until it has a creamy consistency. I place the jar of coconut cream in a small saucepan of hot water, if you have a warm kitchen – that may not even be necessary
- When creamy, remove from heat and add Lemon essential oil
- Spread the coconut cream out on a piece of parchment paper or silpat, to 1/4-1/2 inch thick (if it got too warm and runny, let it cool a bit before spreading out)
- Generously sprinkle with frozen blueberries and wait 8-10 minutes. You can pop it in the fridge/freezer to harden faster
- The frozen blueberries help harden the coconut cream, break apart into bite size pieces and enjoy!
Any leftover bark (haha) should be stored in the refrigerator, especially if you are in a warm climate or season. This is a great light, summery treat. If you are looking for something with a little chocolate to it – there’s always these amazing double chocolate peppermint brownie bites.
Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail, and get a free sign-up gift.