These minty chocolate brownie bites are not only delicious, they are gluten free! They are practically good for you. The combination of rich chocolate with the zest of Young Living Peppermint Oil is irresistible. And the mini muffin size makes them the perfect two-bite treat (unless you have a dozen of them, but who would do that?).
I’ve been eating grain free for several years now and this gluten free chocolate cake recipe has been my go to for some time. This version is a bit more decadent with the addition of chocolate chips – because double chocolate is better than not double chocolate. The addition of therapeutic grade Young Living Peppermint essential oil will also satisfy any ‘mint chip’ lovers you may know.
Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Bites
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter (could substitute melted coconut oil for dairy-free version)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 8 drops Young Living Peppermint Oil
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life brand mini chocolate chips
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda – set aside
- In a large bowl blend together eggs, butter/coconut oil, maple syrup, and Peppermint oil
- Blend dry ingredients into wet until combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Line a mini muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease with butter/coconut oil, fill each 3/4 with batter
- Bake at 375 degrees until toothpick inserted comes out clean (10-15 minutes)
- Makes about 24 brownie bites
Find out how to get started with Young Living essential oils HERE!