Oregano essential oil has many therapeutic uses. It contains strong immune-enhancing properties and supports the respiratory system. Whenever I feel my immune system needs extra support, I immediately take a veggie cap with 4 drops each of Oregano and Thieves essential oils. I’ll also rub a blend of Oregano and Thieves oils mixed with a carrier oil on my feet when colds are hitting friends and family and my immune system could use a little boost. Oregano is one of my go to immune boosting oils, and it is also a great addition to my no-pasta meat sauce! I love a good red meat sauce. We don’t eat grains in our house so we typically have this sauce over spaghetti squash or steamed broccoli. Before using essential oils I made this sauce with regular dried oregano – since adding Oregano essential oil to the sauce, it has become a family favorite. The Oregano essential oil really punches up the flavor and gives it more zest.
Red Meat Sauce with Oregano Essential Oil
- 2 lbs meat of choice (I like either ground beef, italian pork sausage or a mix of the two)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion – chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 Box (26oz) Pomi chopped tomatoes
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil – chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 drops Oregano essential oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil and saute onions until translucent over medium heat, add garlic and stir until fragrant (30 seconds-ish)
- Add meat and mix until meat is browned (5 minutes-ish)
- Add dried basil and Oregano essential oil, stir into meat mixture
- Stir in chopped tomatoes and tomato paste
- Let simmer for 20 minutes, before serving stir in fresh basil and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over roasted spaghetti squash or steamed broccoli – Enjoy!
Click Here for more information on how to get started with Essential Oils!